Christian Divorce Lawyer in Atlanta, GA
When all hope for reconciliation has failed, a divorce might be an appropriate solution. Deciding to end a marriage is already emotionally challenging, especially when you strongly uphold Christian values.
At Tessie D. Edwards & Associates, P.C., we can guide you through a Christian divorce with compassion and grace. Contact us to schedule a consultation.
Why Hire a Christian Divorce Attorney?
As you search Google or ask around for a divorce lawyer, you may wonder if it matters whether you have an attorney who shares your Christian faith.
While other attorneys may adequately represent you, there are advantages to working with a divorce attorney who practices Christianity:
- Certainty about the divorce: Other attorneys without religious faith may not speak with you about whether you are sure that divorce is the best option. While we won’t try to talk you out of a decision you’ve already made, we can discuss alternative options for divorce before proceeding with legal measures.
- A sympathetic ear: As Christians, we know that you have not decided to end your marriage lightly. We recognize the challenge you’re facing and the heartache you’re experiencing.
- Mitigation of impact on the children: While all parents want the best for their children, Christian parents also recognize the necessity of protecting children from anger, bitterness, and disruption that comes from a divorce. We are all God’s children, and our attorneys work passionately on their behalf.
- Prayer and support: Yes, we will pray with you and for you. We know divorce is not necessarily the “end,” especially if you have children. Our goal is to help you move on with your life as seamlessly as possible so that you can embrace new beginnings.
Issues to be Decided in a Christian Divorce
Being a Christian means striving to embody the values of friendship, respect, compassion, and courage. That’s not easy during a divorce, and we understand the struggles you are facing.
When you hire Tessie D. Edwards & Associates, P.C. to handle your divorce, you will have an experienced and attentive attorney who advocates for your rights and protects your best interests fairly and reasonably.
Some of the issues that may be involved in your divorce include:
- The divorce process
- Child custody arrangements
- Division and distribution of property
- Spousal support and alimony
- Child support
Establishing Child Custody in a Christian Divorce
No matter your faith, any divorcing couple should consider the best interests of their children a top priority. Ideally, you and your spouse can amicably arrange a child custody agreement that includes the teachings and practice of Christianity without involving court proceedings or a judge.
Deciding on child custody matters can be particularly challenging if both parents want full-time custody, but it’s almost always in the best interest of the child to have both parents involved in their upbringing.
Our law firm will discuss various options for child custody arrangements and seek a workable solution that is satisfactory for all involved, especially the kids.
Contact an Experienced Atlanta Christian Divorce Attorney
If you are considering a divorce, contact Tessie D. Edwards & Associates, P.C. for affordable legal advice from a compassionate Christian perspective. Call us at (404) 330-8833 to request a consultation.